Basic Blackjack Rules:
- The goal of blackjack is to beat the dealer's hand without going over 21.
- Face cards are worth 10. Aces are worth 1 or 11, whichever makes a better hand.
- Each player starts with two cards, one of the dealer's cards is hidden until the end.
- To 'Hit' is to ask for another card. To 'Stand' is to hold your total and end your turn.
- If you go over 21 you bust, and the dealer wins regardless of the dealer's hand.
- If you are dealt 21 from the start (Ace & 10), you got a blackjack.
- Blackjack usually means you win 1.5 the amount of your bet. Depends on the casino.
- Dealer will hit until his/her cards total 17 or higher.
- Doubling is like a hit, only the bet is doubled and you only get one more card.
- Split can be done when you have two of the same card - the pair is split into two hands.
- Splitting also doubles the bet, because each new hand is worth the original bet.
- You can only double/split on the first move, or first move of a hand created by a split.
- You cannot play on two aces after they are split.
- You can double on a hand resulting from a split, tripling or quadrupling you bet.
The game is played with six decks of 52 cards without jokers (312 cards)
• Card value:
a) Ace counts as 1 or 11
b) Picture cards count for 10
c) All other cards are calculated according to their face value
d) The first ace of the dealer counts for 11, otherwise it is counted only in the case of trop
An ace and a picture card or ten form a BLACK JACK, except in the case of split aces, split or picture cards.
BLACK JACK is the highest possible winning combination, which is paid out in a ratio of 3: 2, all other winnings are paid out in a ratio of 1: 1.
• The dealer must draw a card if the sum of the cards is 16 or less, and must stand if its sum is 17 or more. The dealer does not have the option to add 7 or 17 cards, it is always only 17 for him.
• The player can stay on the first two cards dealt or draw up to a total of 21. After exceeding the total of 21, the player loses "TOO MANY" and loses the deposit.
• "Insurance" –in its literal translation, is the player's insurance against the dealer's BLACK JACK.
• "Double" - the ability to double the bet
• "Split" - the ability to split cards of the same value